The company is committed to conducting business based on good corporate governance principle, ethical values, and responsibility for its society, community, environment, stakeholders, and all parties related to the company.
The company focuses on strategic corporate social responsibility (CSR) aimed at proactive CSR which combines internal and external CSR and engages business partners from all sectors in activities organized to collectively advance corporate and social values.
The company's CSR plan upholds the slogan "Together, Create Smile" in its business practices, leading to CSR activities which are geared towards value creation between the organization and its stakeholders and utilizing its core competencies to appropriately design CSR activities.
The company began promoting internal CSR by taking safety standards seriously. It is commonly known that companies selling liquid petroleum gas must gain trust and confidence in its highest safety standards. Hence, the company has adopted a policy to conduct its business in strict compliance with the laws, rules, standards, and other regulations and asked its business partners to do the same. The company also provides educational and accident prevention trainings by officers from the Department of Energy Business to its business partners and gas fillers on a regular basis. Its continued business growth reflects the company's management which is transparent and accountable, following good corporate governance principle, fighting against corruption, and respecting human rights based on its recognition of the benefits of shareholders, employees, community, society, business partners, and all stakeholders.
For external CSR, as one of the largest distributors of liquid petroleum gas, the company seeks to engage business partners from all sectors including customers in the automobile, industrial, commercial, and household sectors in its CSR activities to collectively create value and strengthen the organization
Responsibility towards Community and Educational Support
Education is a key foundation for human capital development. It is a tool which can lead to career success, self-reliance, and strong community. Recognizing the importance of education as a foundation for life quality enhancement and income generation, the company has supported and provided scholarships for needy students with good behavior and diligence without any obligations to ensure access to education and potential growth for Thai youths and children who will become a powerful engine for the country's development in the future.
Recognizing the importance of youths and children around the gas terminals and remote areas, the company has organized activities for the household customer group in order to continue its "Full Belly…Warm Smile with World Gas" project for the eighth time this year at Pracha Patana Ban Haet School, Ban Haet District, Khon Kaen with an objective of delivering a smile to all the youths by providing scholarships and improving school canteen and playground. The company recognizes the importance of education, school buildings, nutrition, and health which are vital to preparing young people for learning and in becoming a key engine for the country's development.
The event was organized in parallel with "CSR Love Truck Love Trip by World Gas" project for the third consecutive year. At the event, food trucks were turned into mobile kitchens with knowledge about nutrition and food preparation for youths and children.
The first and second events were held at Ban Mueng Kued School, Mae Taeng District, Chiang Mai and Tum Lay Tong Temple Community, Lumlukka District, Pathum Thani respectively.
The company cares about the communities and stakeholders in the areas around the company's gas terminals and has provided support for local activities including:
- National Elderly Day and Songkran Festival, Samut Songkhram Terminal
- Kathin Ceremony at Pee Kood Temple, Chachoengsao
- Rocket Festival at Ban Haet Municipality, Khon Kaen
- House building for disadvantaged people in collaboration with the Red Cross Provincial Office, Chachoengsao
- Kathin Ceremonies of government agencies
- Loy Krathong Festival at Ban Haet Municipality, Khon Kaen
- Lum Pang's Red Cross Lottery
- Sports competition to fight against drug abuse, Bang Pakong Municipality, Chachoengsao
- Futsal competition at Bang Cha Kreng District, Samut Songkhram
- Mass sports at Ban Haet, Khon Kaen
- Children's Day activities organized by local schools and communities in Bang Cha Kreng, Ban Haet, Tha Pra, Prommanusorn School, Wattanalai School, Bawornwittayayont School 3, Samukkeerajbumrung School, and Bang Pakong School for Non-formal Education.
The company encourages its employees and suppliers in the automobile, industrial, and commercial sectors including manufacturers, hotel operators, and department stores to take part in environmental conservation, natural resource restoration, sustainable thinking, and promoting environmental awareness.
- "WP Energy for Society" project - The company organizes the project every year with a hope to engage all sectors in environmental conservation and to promote social awareness and involvement.
- This year, the company collaborated with its suppliers to build check dam to advance the vision of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on sustainable water management at Klang Dong District, Nakhon Ratchasima.
Environmental Impact Preventive Measures
In addition to the focus on safety of employees, customers, suppliers, and communities, the Company is also concerned with prevention of environmental impacts. Our production processes, from receiving products from manufacturers to packing, employ a closed system without impact on the environment and have been inspected by the Department of Energy Business. The Company's LPG terminals have also strictly complied with environmental laws.